January 31st 2019 Sitecore announced the official list for the Sitecore Most Valuable Professional awards 2019 and I was honoured to be on the list for the 2nd year.
When I got the email from Tamas Varga saying I’d been awarded Sitecore Technology MVP 2019 I was thrilled to bits and didn’t realise I was 1 of 28 MVP’s in the UK and 1 of 186 Technology MVP’s world wide.
Here’s a quick run through of what I did throughout 2018 within the Sitecore community.
What I did last year
- Co-hosted a Sitecore user group in Cardiff
- Co-presented with newly awarded Sitecore MVP David Moore at a Cardiff user group around Helix for Front-end
- Attended all hosted Cardiff and Bristol user groups
- Helped mentor internal front-end developers with Sitecore and allocate them time to complete the Sitecore eLearning foundation courses – Sitecore 8.2 Developer Foundation eLearning and Sitecore 9.0 Developer Foundation eLearning
- Continued with personal blogs
- Voting for various features to be added to Sitecore JSS
- Attended SUGCON Berlin which was amazing!
- Took part in the Sitecore 2018 hackathon
The plan for 2019
- Continue to promote Sitecore to Front-end developers and knowledge share with my team
- Dive deeper into JSS and create a blog series about my experience along the way
- Continue to attend the Cardiff and Bristol user groups and help host these’s with other members of the Sitecore community
- Hopefully attend SUGCON 2019 in London
- Present at a few user groups
- Take part in the annual Sitecore hackathon
- Play about with Sitecore 9.1
- Work on an SXA application
I’m really looking forward to seeing what Sitecore has in store this year especially with JSS and showing the ❤ for Front-end developers :D.
Would like to thank Sitecore and everyone involved in the selection process and congratulate fellow MVP’s on their achievements :D.
What’s the Sitecore MVP Program?
Now it its 13th year, Sitecore’s MVP program recognizes exceptional professionals from the Sitecore community who actively share their expertise of Sitecore products to advance the future of customer experience and drive organizational change. A distinguished group of 315 Sitecore experts from the more than 12,000 certified developers and more than 20,000 active community participants, Sitecore MVPs’ are awarded for the quality, quantity, and level of impact of the contributions they make by sharing their product expertise and mastery of the Sitecore platform with other Sitecore partners and customers.
“The Sitecore community is renown as a place where members can easily collaborate and benefit from the vision and technical knowledge of one another,” said Pieter Brinkman, Senior Director of Technical Marketing at Sitecore. “Within this community, MVPs set the standard of excellence for product expertise, enthusiasm, and willingness to donate time and energy to help customers and partners realize the full power of the Sitecore platform. Their passion is instrumental to the ongoing success of the Sitecore ecosystem.”
If you’re interested in finding out more or becoming a Sitecore MVP, then head over to the Sitecore MVP site: http://mvp.sitecore.com